Welcome to Al-Manarat Weekend Islamic School!
Online Weekend Islamic School
We are pleased to announce the launch of a new Online Weekend Islamic School. Students now have the option of learning in-person or through live online classes. The Online Weekend Islamic School will be catered to all the students around the globe as long as they have access to a highspeed internet, a PC, mic and camera.
Students in-person must read Protocols for COVID-19 Hybrid Learning before they register.
Tuition Fee: $50 per month
Registration Fee (Non-refundable): $100 to be paid once on or before the first day of school.
Sibling Discount: – 5% (on tuition fee only).
- Direct Deposit from September to June.
NSF charges – Paid by the Parents/Guardians.
REFUND POLICY FOR TUITION FEE
- No refund for the year in case the student chooses to withdraw their name from the school for any reason or if the student is found in violation of school regulations.
- No refund will be made in case of holidays, absences, or if classes are canceled due to the calamities (e.g: Weather).
The students are to bring the following supplies every week:
- Lined Paper,
- 3 Note Books (100 pages each),
- Color pencils, and
- 1-inch White Folder
Cleanliness and neatness in appearance is a duty incumbent upon all Muslim.
The school uniform must be worn properly by all students.
Girls’ Uniform – Black Abaya, White Hijab, Shoes
Boy’s Uniform – Black Pant, White Shirt, White Cap, Shoes
Code Of Conduct
The following guidelines are not intended to restrict individual freedoms, but to enforce the right of every student to obtain a good education in an Islamic environment.
Equity, consistency, and firmness will exist for all students. No student shall be denied the right to express his/her opinion in any given situation.
- Class attendance is mandatory. In case of absences, the student must inform the class teachers or admin staff in advance.
- Absence from more than 3 classes without a valid reason will result in dismissal from the course.
School’s Annual Project Rehearsals
Before the school’s annual project, the students are to come on Saturdays for rehearsals. Dates for the annual project and rehearsals- TBD.
Inclement Weather Policy
Closings and delays will be posted on our website.
Parents are strongly encouraged to check their child’s agenda and to help and supervise their assigned homework.
Prayer Hall & Etiquettes of Salah
- Move in an orderly manner to and from the Musallah. (No running)
- Keep silence, respect the Musallah and Salah.
Lunch Break Rules
- Walk slowly and orderly into and out of your classes to the assigned area. (No running)
- Clean up your area before leaving the eating area.
- Keep food off the floor.
- Clean toilet seat and wash hands after use.
- Boys are to sit, not stand to urinate (Sunnah).
- Clean private parts with water after toilet use (Sunnah).
- Use bathroom quickly without socializing and playing.
School Property Rules
- Do not write on the furniture or walls.
- Keep all school furniture and property free from damage.
- Keep hands off of fire alarms.
- Keep school playing area clean and clear of all personal belongings, and/or garbage.
Photograph, Video and Voice Recording Consent
Photography, video and voice Recording are strictly prohibited if taken without consent.
Student Progress Report
Report Cards for students are given at the end of each semester (Semester 1: Oct -Feb; Semester 2: Feb – Jun)
Class rules are set by subject teachers. These rules will be clearly communicated to all students at the start of the school year.
Infringements of these class rules and consequences of such infringement are to be decided by the teachers.
- Cheating, stealing and/or lying.
- Defiance of teacher authority.
- Offensive language at school.
- Fighting or otherwise endangering the welfare of others.
- Vandalism of school property or grounds.
- Smoking or bringing firecrackers/matches to school.
The school policy will be in effect from the first day of school and applies to all students.
Any student failing to observe the any policy will be :
- Assigned for in-school detention for the whole day or
- Permanently detained